Monday, August 4, 2014

Golf Camp

We signed Nathan up for 2 big camps this summer. His first was golf camp and then next week is indoor flag football. Golf was great because he also got a new set of clubs as part of it. The camp lasted a week and started the week after Logan and Landon visited. It was from 9-12, so not too long and was at The Tribute golf course which is really nice and also close to my house. 

After the first day, Nathan told me he had homework and was supposed to go online and look up the rules of golf. He was then to pick one and write it down. We were going to do it first thing on Monday but I ended up forgetting about it.  At 11:00 pm, Nathan came downstairs and was so worried that we hadn't done it! So we went into daddy's office, and Nathan picked rule #1 (the longest one) and wrote it down. The next morning, he kept checking to make sure he had it. I didn't really think much more about the homework. At the end of the week, parents were able to stay for camp and watch what the kids learned. Before they got started on the course, the head guy got all of the kids in a group and went over what they had learned that week. Then he told them to get out their homework assignment. I kind of panicked because I just assumed he had turned it in on Tuesday, and today is Friday! I never saw it in his bag and my heart sank for him...he had worked so hard to get it done, and I was sure he had lost it by now. Well, Nathan completely surprised me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out this folded piece of paper. His homework! Then the coach went on and on about how rule #1 was the most important and if you just know that rule, you'll know golf. At this point, I was wondering if Nathan even remembered which rule he had. So then the coach said, "Where is my little guy who had his homework ready 4 days ago AND wrote down the first rule?" Nathan raised his hand, and the coach called him up to the front and asked him to read it to the group. He did such a great job!!! And the main coach told him he was proud of him for taking his homework seriously. He then gave him a golf ball as a prize. 

After all if that excitement, Charlotte and I got to go with his group to see what he had learned. And the day ended with an award ceremony. Nathan got the award of being the most encouraging and best attitude. Sweet boy!












1 comment:

Carrie said...

You cute little golfer, you!!!