Friday, August 11, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me! I'm 40!

Lordy, Lordy, I can't believe I'm FORTY! Wayne, Charlotte, and Nathan spoiled me and made my birthday so special. First, they took me out to eat to my favorite restaurant, RA. It's a sushi at The Shops at Legacy. And no one complained about it! Wayne likes sushi ok, but doesn't prefer it. Nathan and Charlotte ate edamame and rice, and I chowed down on two different sushi rolls, a crab wonton appetizer, two raspberry martinis, and surprise birthday dessert. Then we went to Paciugo for ice cream!!! I think I gained a few pounds. Wayne also treated me to a day of shopping while he took care of Charlotte and Nathan. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday! I love these three so much!
A funny (well not so funny at the time) thing that happened was that while we were in New York, Wayne bought me an eye shadow palette from Sephora. It was $55! I always wanted it but could never bring myself to spend that much money on eye shadow. I only had it a couple of weeks when it got destroyed. I was doing laundry the morning of my birthday and noticed all of these little cardboard pieces in the washing machine. After pulling the clothes out, I found my brand new eye shadow in there! It was completely ruined. I was so upset and couldn't figure out how in the world it got in there. I immediately blamed Charlotte (yes, I feel very guilty). She is always playing in my make up, which I guess is payback because I remember doing the same thing with Mama's makeup. I think she must have accidentally dropped it in the hamper and then I washed it with all of our clothes. Anyway, it put me in the worst mood. But after my shopping trip, I came home and Charlotte was waiting for me with a present. She told Daddy she wanted him to take her to Five Below to get me some new eyeshadow. It was the sweetest thing ever!!! And then I felt even more guilty for getting mad at her! And I actually really liked the eye shadow. I was even happier though when I took the chance and took the destroyed eye shadow back to Sephora and told them what happened. I thought just maybe they would replace it for me. I actually didn't think they would, but thought I should at least try. Well, guess what??? They did! So now I have my special $5 eye shadow from Charlotte and I brand new $55 eye shadow. Ha!
Mama also had a little birthday for me and Carrie. She made our favorite chocolate cake! We had party plates and ice cream too! And our sweet babies sang happy birthday to us. Forty is not too bad. 












No comments: