Thursday, October 21, 2010

Charlotte is 5 Months Old!

Here are Charlotte's 5 month birthday pictures...I'm only two weeks late posting them :) She is wearing her Halloween outfits that were made by Mama. I love the spider dress and the tutu!

I actually have a "mom" story behind the spider dress. After my mom made the dress, it was my job to glue the googly eyes onto the spider. Well, the first time I glued them on, I got a little messy with the super glue and ended up getting some of the glue on one of the eyes which made it look a little cloudy. So, being the perfectionist I am, I decided to take the bad eye off and put a new one on. Charlotte was propped up next to me on the couch while I was putting the glue on the eye, and then she lurched forward, and I grabbed her thinking she was about to fall off the couch. When I did, I didn't realize that I had some super glue on my thumb, and it got stuck to the back of her hair! I actually pulled a chunk out before I knew it was stuck :( It was so sad because, of course, it hurt, and she was crying so hard. Once I calmed her down, I found that she still had glue in her hair. So the only thing I could do was cut it out. She's always had this long section in the back...so now it's a little shorter. I was so mad at myself! And I got super glue on the new eye! So not only does Charlotte have a new haircut, the spider eye that I was trying to fix looks just like the first one I messed up! And then to add to the chaos of the day, when Wayne got home, I saw a huge spider in the kitchen. I'm scared to death of spiders and told him to kill it. When he hit it, hundreds of little babies scattered off of this spider! I think that was more traumatizing than the super glue disaster. I keep itching and feeling like there are baby spiders all over the house!



3 comments:

Carrie said...

HA! That story is so funny! At least it was the back of her hair. I LOVE the spider dress (even if one of the eyes has a cataract) and I LOVE the tutu!!!! So cute!!

Carrie said...

Baby Charlotte looks so cute! I love the spider dress and the tutu!!

Brielle B :) said...

OMG I hate spiders too... Your daughter is sooo cute!