Friday, October 1, 2010

Nathan is a Growing Boy!

I just realized that I never wrote about Nathan's 3 year appointment at the doctor's office! He weighs 33 lbs, 6 oz and is 37.5 inches tall. He's in the 75% for both. He even got his blood pressure taken which was 99/62. Nathan was such a good boy. I was so proud of him! He was a little worried about getting a shot at this appointment because we had just taken Charlotte for her 4 month appointment and she got 2 shots, but I told him that he didn't have to get a shot this time. Since he's 3 now, instead of getting the flu SHOT, he could get the flu MIST, and he's not supposed to get his next round of shots until he's 4. So as Dr. Geutersloh was looking over Nathan's records, he realized that Nathan was a shot short...he still needed a Hepatitis booster that he was supposed to get at his 2 year visit, but he was sick at that time, and I forgot to re-schedule (bad mommy). So he had to get it this time. I felt so bad because Nathan was in the best mood and was being so good. When the nurse came in to give him the mist, he laid on the table, sniffed it up his nose, and didn't mind it at all. Then he saw the shot. He looked at me and said, "Mommy, you said I wasn't going to get a shot." He had tears in his eyes, and I was so mad at myself. He's so much more aware now, that it makes it harder for me to see him hurt. I had to hold his arms down, and he cried so hard when he first got it. I told him he was so brave and that we could go get an ice cream cone. So that made him feel better, but he sure laid on the guilt for me telling him the wrong thing!

Here are some pictures of Nathan with his favorite little baby. He ADORES her, and loves to make her smile. It is so sweet to see the two of them together.




No comments: