Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hawaiian Falls Waterpark

Last week was a tough week for us because Daddy was out of town from Sunday night through Thursday night! He was actually supposed to be gone until Friday but worked hard and got home a day early! Plus my parents were out of town for the week, and Grandmother was leaving Thursday morning to visit Stuart and his family. What was Mommy going to do?! I knew Nathan would be missing Daddy so I tried to keep us all busy. I took advantage of the fact that Helen was free Monday and Tuesday. So she came over Monday afternoon so that I could get my grocery shopping and other little errands run. Then I decided it would be fun for Nathan and I to have a day together, just the two of us. It is so rare that we get this because little Charlotte is definitely a Mommy's baby! And when Wayne is home, Nathan wants to spend every minute with him! So on Tuesday morning, we took Charlotte to Helen's house, and then Nathan and I headed to Hawaiian Falls. It's a smaller water park that is just 10 minutes from my house. Nathan was so excited, and I loved being able to focus only on him and letting him have fun.

Sweet picture...

Silly face 1...


Silly face 2!

 The first thing Nathan wanted to do was float on the Lazy River. Only he didn't want to use an inner tube. My little fishy just wanted to swim the whole way around! He loved holding onto the side, letting me float a ways down, and then let go and swim with the current to me. Next, we went to the wave pool just as the waves were starting. Here, he wanted to use an inner tube to bob up and down and ride the waves in. After a while, Nathan got brave and swam into the waves or jumped over them. After the waves stopped we spent some more time just swimming around, and then I suggested we go to the kiddie area where they have a huge play structure with tons of smaller water slides, ropes to climb on, water guns, and sprinklers spraying you..."I just want to do the lazy river one more time, PLEASE???" Ok, so we did the river a 2nd time. Now do you want to go on the slides? "The waves are starting! Let's do those again!" So we did the wave pool again. Then he had to go potty. Then we finally got to the smaller slides. The only problem was that the water doesn't gently spray you while you're climbing up to the slides, it's blasting and pouring all over you. Older kids love it, but Nathan wasn't too excited about getting sprayed so hard. It took me 10 minutes to get him to just try one of the slides. He did it once, and wanted to go back to the river. I was thinking, I just paid $25 to get in...I want him to do something other than the river and wave pool! He told me that if we did the river one more time, then he'd go and try some more slides. Ok, so off to the river we go. Now we're both hungry, so we stopped and ate our lunch, took another potty break, re-applied sunscreen, then went on the slides. I could tell that Nathan really wasn't liking it, but was doing it because I wanted him too (I just figured he'd end up liking it eventually)...as soon as we made it up to the top (Nathan walking with his head down so that water didn't spray him in his face) to try a fun slide...this huge bucket at the top that slowly fills with water over a 15 minute period reached it's limit and turned over. I didn't realize it, but we were right in the splash zone...I kept wondering why all of the kids were just hovering around us! The water poured right on top of us, and that was the end of that! Nathan started crying and said he didn't want to get splashed anymore. All I wanted was for him to have fun, so screw the slides! When I asked him if he wanted to do the river and wave pool again, he was so excited! We spent the next few hours going back and forth between the two and getting ice cream and treats. We both had so much fun! We got there at 10:30, and left at 2:30...Nathan was asleep before we even left the parking lot!



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like a fun day! Who cares if you paid $25 just to do two things at the water park...ha!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your blog Ashley, you are so creative!
~Lindsay Gros