Thursday, August 25, 2011

Charlotte, 15 Months Old

At 15 months old, Charlotte's personality is really coming out. She is the sweetest thing in the world! From the time she was a little baby, I could already see a difference between her and Nathan. Even as a baby, Nathan was very independent. He was very sweet and loving, but was also always on the go. Charlotte, on the other hand, is perfectly content to be in my arms or sitting on my lap. She absolutely loves to cuddle! Now that she is walking, she is a little bit more adventurous. But the times the she walks the fastest, almost runs, is when she thinks I'm leaving the room. That's when her sweet little waddle turns into a speed walk! When I took her to the doctor yesterday, she weighed 22 lbs 15 oz (60%), and is 30.8 inches tall (75%).  Whenever Nathan used to have his check ups, he always smiled at Dr. G, played with his stethoscope, and babbled. Charlotte was very serious and had a death grip on my arm! The only time she really smiled at the doctor was when I was holding her...she laid her head down on me, wrapped her arms around me as tight as she could and then smiled at him. Towards the end of the exam, Dr. G. wanted to see her walk, so he took her away from me and walked to the other side of the room. As soon as he set her down, she was running into my arms like we hadn't seen each other in months! And when she walks, she has her arms held up to her chest with her hands flopping down and her little bottom sticking out...Wayne and I have nicknamed her "Little Miss Thang" because of the way she prances around!

Not only is she walking all over the place, she is also wanting to climb on anything she can find. She loves to climb onto chairs and sit with her baby dolls. I love it when she climbs into her rocking chair and rocks her babies. She will also sing to them! The other day, she got her baby dolls and Nathan's Buzz Lightyear. She laid them all down on the floor, walked into my bathroom and got a towel from the tub, then took it into the living room to cover them up. What a girly girl!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ashley, you really need to get a picture of you at this age and put it next to Charlotte's picture. I swear, she looks just like your baby pictures! What a sweet baby Charlotte is. I love that she is so cuddly!

Anonymous said...

"Little Miss Thang" suits her perfectly. She loves Cookie, but not sure how much she wants to play with her...she does pat her nose, and she flops her ears around, and she sometimes crawls under Cookie...all the while Cookie is just standing there like a patient Nanny. Love our sweet baby girl, Mama, Papa, and Cookie