Friday, April 13, 2012

Charlotte's First Haircut

Charlotte will be 2 in a month and has never had a real haircut. Wayne and I have always thought that Charlotte has beautiful hair. It is the prettiest shade of blond. When I was her hair and let it dry, it dries into the cutest little curls. But as it grew, it started to get uneven...the back was longer than the sides and looked like a mini mullet :) And her hair was always in her face and eyes if she didn't have a barrette or bow in. I almost always put one in her hair, but often times, Charlotte ended up taking it out, and her hair was back in her eyes.  I did worry about Charlotte losing her curls, but Wayne and I knew it was time!

We took her to a kid's place called Snippits. At first I was going to take her to a real salon because I was worried a kid place wouldn't do as good a job, but then I knew I couldn't just walk into a real place without an appointment. And I thought maybe it would be more fun for her to be somewhere "fun" where she could watch a video.  It was the day before Easter so I wanted her hair to be shaped up and look good, but I was also so nervous about the whole thing! Yes, it would grow back, but I just wanted them to do a good job. The hair dresser was so sweet and listened to all of my pickiness. Mostly, I didn't want her bangs cut to far back or too short and I wanted the back trimmed and evened out, but not too short. Basically, I was a nervous wreck and just wanted it to be perfect!

Charlotte is usually really shy so I honestly didn't think she would sit in the chair by herself, but she she did such a good job! Charlotte was so cute and tried to do just what the lady told her to do.








At first, I was thinking I didn't like her bangs, but when I really looked at it, I knew I loved it! After we got home, she took a nap and when she woke up, I wet it down to see how it dried. It was so adorable!!! And she still had her curls! In fact, it was even more curly than before. Now she doesn't even have to have a bow in her hair and it stays out of her eyes. I LOVE IT!


Here she is right after her hair cut with a sucker for being such a good girl.
And this is what her hair looked like after I washed it...so sweet!