Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I have never been this far behind in my posts! It is now December 11, and I'm just now posting about Thanksgiving! Like always, we had a great time being together as a family. We had a smaller group this year: Grandmother, Mama, Papa, Grandma, and Jen. I was in charge of the the turkey, mashed potatoes, and rolls. Grandmother brought over her wonderful corn casserole and broccoli salad. Mama made the stuffing and yummy pecan and pumpkin pies. Of course, we all stuffed ourselves! I am always a little nervous about coordinating the timing of everything, and roasting the turkey. It was such a relief to see it all come together perfectly, and the turkey looked and tasted wonderful!

Nathan helped Daddy carve the turkey, and then he and Charlotte pulled the wishbone apart. It was so funny to watch because it was actually kind of slippery. Every time they tried to pull it apart, Charlotte's end came out of her hand. Nathan and Charlotte laughed and laughed while trying to break it. So funny!



















On Saturday night, we went over to Mama and Papa's house. Chris, Carrie, and Pearce spent Thanksgiving at Chris' family's house but were driving through Dallas to drop off Pearce with Mama and Papa for a visit by himself. He stayed at their house through Thursday! And Alexandra spent the holiday with her dad, but flew into Dallas Saturday night. We all met up that night to celebrate both Mama and Alexandra's birthdays! Nathan and Charlotte had so much fun playing with Pearce and taking care of him. Charlotte actually fell asleep on the way over and snuggled with Aunt Jen for the first hour. When she woke up, she was ready to play!











Alexandra turned 16! I can't believe she is so old now! And able to drive! For Alexandra's birthday, she got a new curling iron from me and Carrie, a James Avery bracelet from Mama and Papa, and I'm pretty sure some money too. 






Mama got a nice birthday surprise, a James Avery charm bracelet from all of the sisters (James Avery was popular this year!), and amazing tickets to Andrea Bocelli from Papa! I told Daddy that I'd be more than happy to go with her if he didn't want to go, but he didn't take me up on the offer :)




2 comments:

Carrie said...

Awww....everyone looks so cute! Grandma looked really pretty!! I could almost smell that good Thanksgiving food as I was reading about it. Can't wait to see everyone soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Our Birthday party was so much fun. Best present is having all of you together. The cake is one I will never forget, glad you have just the picture after Carrie fixed it all up. Alexandra I love sharing your birthday with you. Love, Mama and Papa and Cookie