Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ice Storm

A week after Thanksgiving, we had a huge ice storm. Wayne and I went to Nashville for his Christmas party the Monday after Thanksgiving, got back on Wednesday, and the ice came Thursday night. Since we had Thanksgiving and the party back to back, I hadn't put any of my Christmas decorations put yet, so as soon as we got back, I went straight into decorating mode. Nathan and Charlotte really wanted lights outside so I thought I better do that first before the storm starts. I got two trees done and half of the sidewalk lights done, and then I thought I was going to freeze to death! I had the best intentions of finishing the lights the next morning, but once the ice started the night before, it didn't stop! 

School was cancelled Friday and Monday. And Nathan and Charlotte had so much fun spending 4 days slipping and sliding outside. We went sledding at the school with the other kids every day! It was really nice to have 4 days just to play and stay inside.  I did get all of my decorating done except for the rest of the lights. Oh well. 







No comments: