Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Boys Playdate

It is safe to say that Nathan is Mr. Popular at school. I know I'm a little biased, but he really is well liked. Nathan has had a great kindergarten year. Not only is his reading and writing taking off, he has also made so many great friends. What is really wonderful is that we have met so many kids that live in our neighborhood that we didn't know before. So a couple of weeks ago, we had a four-boy playdate, all of which live in the neighborhood: Aidan (who has been over before), Barron, Nathan, and Ronen. The boys were all so excited! When I picked them up from school, Sra. Melendez saw me and released the herd of kids...they all came running. She said I was loco, ha! I was a bit nervous that they would be wild and crazy, but was pleasantly surprised! They all got along so well. They played the WII, their IPads, toys in the playroom and football outside. The next week, Nathan was invited to Barron's house, then during spring break he was invited to play with Ronen, and this week went to Aidan's house. I'm having them all back over next week. I'd say we have a good thing going here! Plus, a little girl named Lily lives on our street a few houses down. She's so cute but more like a tomboy. Yesterday afternoon, Nathan and Charlotte and I were having a front yard picnic. Lily came outside, saw Nathan and ran up to our house. Then they ran back and forth between houses playing with each other. Even Charlotte joined in! So they made plans to meet today after school and alternate between houses. Lily's mom told me that their playroom is being painted so they can't go inside, so we all decided they would play in Lily's backyard first, then come here to play upstairs, then just play on the sidewalk. It was so cute to hear them all making plans. I LOVE IT!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone likes to play with Nathan and Charlotte. I know it is fun to go to each others houses. It is great to have so many friends in your neighborhood just down the sidewalk. Love, Mama and Papa

Carrie said...

Those are some handsome boys! I always knew Nathan would have lots of great friends. So, this is what my house will look like in a few years, I guess!