Sunday, January 31, 2016

Going Back to Teaching

It's been 8, almost 9 years since I taught at MST. I have loved having my time home with Nathan and Charlotte. Now that Charlotte is about to start Kindergarten, I am ready to go back to work. But it has been a lot of work to get ready for work!!!! My dream job would be one at Hicks, the school where Nathan and Charlotte go. So I first applied to be a substitute in Lewisville so that I could sub at Hicks. I started the process last year and started subbing last year. That process was very involved! Once I started subbing, it was fun but still hard to manage. Since Charlotte is only in school from 9-2, the hours aren't great for subbing. Everyone had to help me! Grandmother, Mama, Papa, and Daddy all had to help get Charlotte to and from school. Once I started subbing, I had lots of jobs! It was so much fun to be at Nathan's school with him. I even subbed in his class several times. At the beginning of this year, one of the fifth grade teachers asked me if I would be her long term sub once she went on maternity leave. Mr. Martin, the principal reccommended me to her so I had to say yes. Then I found out it was a fifth grade job! I have to admit, I was very nervous about the job, but I have since observed her twice, and am now really excited! Her kids are wonderful! I start on Friday so I'll write another post soon! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoyed visiting your classroom. However it didn't look anything like classrooms 20 years ago...no real desks and chairs, no chalk board, no text books on shelves, I don't even remember seeing a teacher desk...everything is digital and lap tops and projector on the ceiling so you project a lesson on a screen...no checking out a big opaque projector and wheeling it down the hall and then replacing a burned out bulb to get it to work. However, kids are kids and I know you are a wonderful teacher for them. They are lucky to have you....no technology can replace a good teacher. Love, Mom