Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Lake Fun

Now that mama and papa have a lake house, we couldn't wait to try it out! Nathan and Charlotte actually went Fourth of July weekend without us, but the next weekend the four of us went (actually it was the three of us, Wayne was going to go but something came up last minute at work). It was good for the two of them to try everything first so they could show off for me. I think they feel this is their lake house too! Oh and Nathan lost another tooth there too! When I went with them to the lake, they took me on a tour before Mama and Papa could do it. They couldn't wait to get out on the water. We went tubing first thing! For dinner, we cooked hot dogs over the fire pit. Charlotte had fun cooking them but wouldn't eat one.  The next day, we slept in a bit and then hit the lake again. We started at the dock, swimming and jumping off of the big blue mat, and kayaking. Then we went out on the lake for more tubing and my first attempt to ski in 9 years! I kept bragging to Nathan and Charlotte that I was a great skier and couldn't wait to show them. I felt like I could still do it, but when I was in the water with my ski on getting ready to go, I started to doubt myself. But I held on for dear life and got up the first try! It felt great!!! And I was so happy to see Nathan and Charlotte watching me with big smiles on their faces! I skied a few more times that trip and was so sore the next week! It was worth it though. When we got back to the house, we fished, went on an evening boat ride and then had smores. They love cooking on the fire pit! Nathan also made himself useful by helping papa put together mama's sewing chair. We had a wonderful weekend and can't wait for the next lake trip!





















































These are the pictures of Nathan and Charlotte from the Fourth of July weekend when it was just the two of them with Mama and Papa. 







No comments: