Monday, August 22, 2016

School starts!

School is finally here! It was the first day for all three of us! Wayne took Nathan and Charlotte to school each day the first week so that I could get there early for my class. They loved having Daddy walk them in, and he even stopped by my room to say hi to me and my students! I was so proud of Charlotte because she never cried or got sad about starting school. This is opposite of how Nathan was when he started Kindergarten. I remember him crying almost every day the second week of school, not wanting to go back. It made me so sad! And one day, he even ran out of the front door and hid! Mr. Martin, the principal had to persuade him to come back...sad and mortifying at the same time. Once he came back in, he was hugging me so tight that the counselor had to pry his little hands off me! We talk about that now, and it is so funny to us! They both love that I'm at the school with them and get to see them all the time. Charlotte's class always takes a bathroom break in my hall so she will run into my room, give me a kiss and hug, and then run back to get in her line. Her teacher and I are friends so she doesn't mind Charlotte doing that! And I always see Nathan's class when they come in from recess. I love getting hugs from them during the day!!!!!



No comments: