Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween 2016

Halloween was so much fun this year. I took Nathan and Charlotte to a Halloween store and let them pick out their own costumes. Charlotte knew she wanted something pretty and Nathan wanted to be Batman or Spider Man. Charlotte found the prettiest dress and it fit her perfectly. She loved that it was long and sparkly! Nathan found a batman costume but it was way too big. Then he found Spider Man and was so happy it fit! We actually decorated the outside, but of course, I forgot to take pictures. We put tombstones in the front yard with skeleton bodies, wrapped the trees with caution tape, and put spider webs on the bushes. It looked pretty good, but wasn't just great. Well, I'm so glad I kept my opinion to myself because Nathan and Charlotte thought it was absolutely wonderful!!!! They were so proud of it and Nathan said we might just get Yard of the Month! It was so sweet how proud he was of it!

We got invited to go Trick or Treating with a friend of Nathan's in the neighborhood. Several other families were going to meet at Jaxon's house too so I thought Nathan would be so happy. At first, Nathan wasn't too excited. I was so confused because he really loves the boys that we were going with. He told me that he was kind of worried about it because he really likes his costume but knew the other boys were going to be something scary and was afraid they might think he was a "baby" for dressing like Spider Man. I offered to get him a different costume if he wanted but he didn't want to do that. So I reassured him that these boys like him so much and I knew they wouldn't make fun of him. I told him to be Spider Man and be proud of it if that's what he really wants to be. That day after school. I heard another boy ask him what he was dressing up as and he said he was a Zombie Spider Man...I guess that was his way of making his costume seem more scary :)  After he got dressed that night, he was so excited and loved his costume. And of course, the other boys didn't say a thing. They were just happy to all be together.

And Charlotte LOVED her dress! I did her make-up and curled her hair, and she felt like a real princess! She looked so pretty! When Wayne got home, we walked over to Jaxon's house and met 2 other families there. We had so much fun trick or treating together. The boys were so cute! And I ended up seeing so many of my students trick or treating too!











No comments: