Sunday, June 6, 2021

Nathan at Skyranch Camp

Nathan went to his first sleep away camp this summer! He was nervous to go but decided to try it since all of his friends were going, and they have been going to Sky Ranch for several years. We were a little late to sign him up and were on the waiting list. We figured if he didn't get in, no big deal, but if he did get in, it was meant to be. Well, he did get in! It was really strange for me while he was gone because we couldn't talk to him at all. We could send him emails each day so he could hear from us, but we couldn't hear from him. I missed him SO MUCH!!!! I stalked the Sky Ranch Facebook Page so that I could see pictures of what he was doing and I also looked at his Camp Store account each day to see what he was buying. He bought so many milkshakes!!! It was so cute. I kept adding more money to his account just to make sure he had enough. In all of his pictures, he was smiling and looked like he was having fun with his friends. Once the week was over, I could not wait to go get him! We were actually picking him up a couple of days early because we had our trip to Miami planned already. I started worrying that he was having so much fun and would be disappointed to see us and leave early. When we pulled up and got out of the car, he gave us all the biggest hugs. When we got in the car, I asked him if he was sad to leave, and he was like "No way! I'm so happy to see all of you and so happy you got be early!" I started laughing with relief because I felt the same way!!! He said he did have fun, but that sleep away camp was not for him. He likes being with his family, in his own bed, doing his own thing. We sure love our sweet boy and were so happy to get him back!






















 

No comments: