Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day with my two favorite boys! Wayne, being the wonderful husband and father that he is, made Mother's Day a whole weekend instead of one day. He and Nathan took me out to dinner to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Cantina Laredo Friday night. I got to completely relax at dinner because Wayne took care of Nathan. We had queso, fajitas, and margaritas. Nathan was such a sweet boy and didn't give his Daddy any trouble. When we got home, Wayne took over the night time routine while I was lazy on the couch. On Saturday morning, I slept in while Wayne woke up early with Nathan. I think Nathan knew Daddy was going to get up with him because he woke up 30 minutes early! Poor Daddy! Nathan gave me the sweetest card, a new video camera (we actually got this a month ago...it was my "early" present), and a gift card to World Market. I took full advantage of my days off! That afternoon, Wayne's mom, came for a visit. This was a gift to all of us! As soon as Grandmother got here, she and Nathan played while Wayne and I spent the afternoon out running errands, going to dinner, and ending the night with a movie.


On Sunday, we went to church and then out to lunch.


"I was a good boy in the nursery and only cried a short time, but I sure am glad to be back with my mommy."

Here is the best Mother's Day gift of all!

On Sunday afternoon, Nathan took a nap after going out to lunch. Wayne and I ran a few more errands and then took a nap of our own...we can do that with Grandmother here! After being lazy for the day, we spent the rest of the afternoon outside. Wayne grilled, Nathan played, and Grandmother and I watched both of them :)





I don't think Nathan will ever get tired of this car! He pushes it, rides in it, tips it over, wants me to ride in it...




Here is Mr. Cool in his new sunglasses from Mama.

Okay, enough of those.

Peek-a-boo!

As you can tell from Nathan's red cheeks, it was really hot outside. So I put some water in a bowl for him to play with. He loves to stir things so I figured he'd love to stir and splash in the water.


He loved it for the first minute and then spilled it all over himself! That was even more fun!


Nathan got soaked with the water, so we had to change shirts. This is his "CHEESE" smile...What he's really thinking is, "Hurry up and take my picture so I can finish playing."

Thank you Wayne and Nathan for making this Mother's Day so special. I love being your mommy, Nathan, and I especially love our family of three. The memories that you, Daddy, and I get to make are priceless. I am truly the lucky one.

No comments: