Friday, November 13, 2009

Guess What?!

Nathan is going to be a big brother! That's right, we're having another baby! I'm 13 weeks along, and everything is going perfectly. Wayne and I are so excited...maybe a little nervous too :) My due date is May 21! Here are some pictures of our new addition:


5 weeks: This is our first sonogram picture!


7 weeks: Can you believe the difference in just two weeks?


12 weeks: This one is of the baby's face...it's a sideways view and there's a hand in front of the baby's face. The head is laying to the right, and it's left hand is raised up to it's cheek which is towards the bottom of the picture...kind of hard to tell unless you're used to looking at a sono picture :)


12 weeks: This is one of the baby taking a nap :) It's head is to the right and it's a profile shot.

Here's one more piece of exciting news...it's a GIRL!!!! When we went for the 12 week sonogram, it was a level 2 sonogram with our perinatologist which is a little more "high tech." At first SHE was in the wrong position to get all of her measurements, and she wouldn't move at all (we didn't know it was a SHE just yet), they pushed on my stomach over and over to try to get her to move. Then I had to cough several times (they said coughing is like an earthquake to the baby). Finally, she woke up and was moving all over the place! She actually measured 3 days ahead of schedule which is good, and she looked completely healthy. At the end of the sonogram, I asked if the doctor could possibly tell the sex. He looked at Wayne and said, "Well, don't run up your Visa bill, but you're going to have to buy all new baby clothes." We both just started laughing! I was so excited! Wayne thought all along it was a girl, but I was sure we were having a boy. When I asked him how sure he was, he said he was 98% sure...that's pretty sure!

I go back again in two more weeks for a regular sonogram and then two weeks after that for another level 2, so we'll be able to double check at both of those appointments. I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Scott and Marla said...

YEAH!!! So excited for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you and Wayne. Nathan is going to be a great big brother!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you guys! And it's a girl!! How cool is that? Congrats!
Kelly McKinney

Carrie said...

Well, it's about time you shared the news! This may sound crazy, but I think her sonogram pics look just like Nathan's! I bet they have the same chubby cheeks :-) Love you and I'm so excited!!!

Unknown said...

I just asked Carrie the other day when you were going to announce your happy news on your blog! Congrats! You're going to love having a girl!