Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

Wayne and I have never traveled as much as we have this year! I'm late in writing about our Thanksgiving because we left for Santa Fe the Monday after! Wayne has been working so hard so we decided to take a little vacation just the two of us...I'll write about that next :)

Our Thanksgiving weekend was wonderful! It was busy and filled with tons of family time. Wayne's mom, my parents, Carrie and Chris (and Otis), my sister Jennifer and her kids (Robert and Alexandra), and my Grandma were all here to celebrate!

Not only were we celebrating Thanksgiving, we were also celebrating my mom and Alexandra's birthday. Carrie, Nathan, and I baked the cake, and boy did he love helping! Carrie let him lick the beater, and he licked it clean :)



"I think I might have a tummy ache...."

"But I don't care! That was the best thing ever!"


On Thanksgiving day, we watched the parade while we cooked. Everyone came to my house for lunch which I loved!


Wayne carving the yummy turkey I baked.


Me and Wayne


We had so much food, and I was in Heaven! I wish I could take credit for it all, but I had help. I made the turkey, Carrie made mashed potatoes, Helen made a corn and green bean casserole plus brought over the rolls, and my mom made the stuffing, sweet potato casserole, and pies. This is my favorite meal...I wish we could eat like this all the time :)


And here is mom making the gravy.


Time to dig in!


Even Nathan was impressed with our cooking. He and Robert and Alexandra had the best time running around and playing while we cooked (can you tell he's already a little sweaty?) Having Robert and Alexandra at my house was wonderful! I was pretty much off duty until Nathan needed a diaper change :)


The kid table


After we stuffed ourselves, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Mom and Allie.


Nathan decorated the cake with sprinkles! This was a really special birthday for Alexandra because she is officially a teenager...13! I can't believe she's so grown up!

Nathan had to sample his hard work with Papa. He was actually more interested in the frosting than the actual cake. I think there were a few finger marks in the cake before we cut it, but oh well :)
After eating, we laid around a little, Nathan took a nap, the guys watched football, and the girls went to see Helen's new house. The next day, Wayne took care of Nathan while my mom, sisters, and I went to the movies. We saw "The Blind Side" and it was sooooo good! We also took Mom shopping (we helped her pick out the clothes and she paid) :) For her birthday, we all got her a Talbots gift card, and it was so much fun to take her shopping and watch her spend them...plus a little more.
On Saturday, we spent the day at the park and visited Grandma.
Nathan and Alexandra snuggling.

Robert is the one in the blue vest towards the top.




Hang on Nathan!


Mama gave them each a piece of chocolate to sit still for a minute while we took a picture, but one little person couldn't get his opened fast enough :)


"I just want a little bite and then maybe I'll smile."

After the park, we went to Grandma's apartment to visit. Nathan would not sit still for the picture! He found this little porcelain present box of Grandma's that he loved and did not want to put down. Normally, I'd say that was a "hands off" item, but to his surprise, we said he could play with it if he'd sit next to Robert. The whole time I'm thinking, "Please don't break it!"
And then that night, we all went to Mama and Papa's house for dinner, and for my dad and Wayne to watch the Arkansas game. Here's Aunt Jen and Nathan. Nathan is finishing off a popsicle.

"Mama, do you have any cookies in here?"


"I KNOW they're down there somewhere!"


While Dad and Wayne watched the game, Nathan, Alexandra, and Robert played, went on golf cart rides, and then made play-doh with Mama.


Robert worked very hard on all of his sculptures :)


And Nathan loved making snakes!
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend with our families! Carrie even helped me decorate my house for Christmas! In the next couple of days I'll post pictures of our Santa Fe trip and the house. I can't believe it's already Christmas time!
Here is a video of Nathan eating the cake batter:


3 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, it's about time for a new entry! Thanksgiving was so much fun....now it's almost time for Christmas! I loved baking the cake with little Nay Nay. I also think we need a baby sister update and belly pics!!!! PLEASE!!!
~Carrie

june said...

Loved the pictures and Nathan is so sweet. I was glad to see Pam and her mother too. love, june

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun!! And our Thanksgiving dinner was YUMMY!! All the kids are looking so grown up. Love, Mama, Papa, and Cookie