Saturday, December 19, 2009

School Christmas Party

Last Tuesday was Nathan's school Christmas party, and he was soooooo excited! He talked about going to his party all weekend, and when he woke up Tuesday morning, that was the first thing he said to me, "Go to party wis me?" I was a little worried about him going back to the church for the day because he hasn't been in three weeks. He was out the week of Thanksgiving, and then with Wayne and I going to Santa Fe and Wayne's Christmas party in Nashville, he missed the last two Tuesdays also because he was with my parents and Wayne's mom while we were gone. But as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, Nathan couldn't wait to get out of the car. He walked right in and didn't even say bye to me!



I came to Nathan's class at 1:15 for the party, and he was in the best mood. Look at this smile! For the last month, he has been loving to have his picture taken, and has been giving me the biggest smile!




Nathan couldn't wait to eat the cake...one little boy came up to the cake and stuck his finger in the icing. Policeman Nathan yelled, "No, Roman! Don't do that!" I thought it was funny because I know he'd love to do the same thing :)

Before we ate the cake, the kids sang Happy Birthday Jesus and then we said a prayer. Nathan looked at me and said, "Like this Mommy," and then put his hands together and bowed his head. It was so sweet. Then I saw him making the steeple with his pointer fingers and opening his hands to see the "people." :)




Nathan ate the icing and drank the punch, and left the cake part for me :)


The kids were all supposed to bring a wrapped book for a gift exchange. So after the kids ate their cake, they drew a number and took turns picking out their present. Nathan was number 8 and was very patient. But he kept saying, "I want purple present." In my mind, I was hoping that no one would choose the purple present because that was the one he really wanted, and he didn't take his eyes off of it.


He got the purple present!


He loved this book and wanted to keep reading it when we got home.

Nathan's teacher, Miss Sherry


Miss Sandy


Miss Kathy

I love all of Nathan's teachers. They are so sweet and caring, and it's obvious he loves them too. Miss Sherry told me that on the day of the party, he kept going up to all of them and kissing them on the arms and legs...he missed them.

One last picture with Mommy

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Mama and I can tell you had so much fun at your school party! Of course your teachers love you because you are so sweet!

~Mama and Auntie Carrie