Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011!

Halloween is finally here! I cannot tell you how often Nathan asked me if it was time to trick or treat! Andrew has come over the last two years and was able to come again this year...I think we're making it a tradition which I love! Plus we added Nathan's friend, Jake...they are our neighbors across the alley. I could definitely tell a difference in this year vs. last year. Last year, the kids were happy just going up and down our street. This year, they wanted to go all over the neighborhood! I know I had to burn a ton of calories! And the great thing about going trick or treating in our neighborhood was that when we went by Jake's house, his dad Mike, ran to his garage and got us a few adult beverages for the rest of the night! We had kids, beer, and candy! Jake was Spider Man and Andrew was Buzz Lightyear. We also had our Transformer and Ladybug with us.














After Nathan, Jake, and Andrew showed Charlotte how to trick or treat, she finally got the idea...kind of. Charlotte's idea of trick or treating was to go to the houses and hand THEM one of her pieces of candy. So sweet.

Nathan's Halloween pail




And here is my Halloween pail :)


After going all through the neighborhood, we headed back to our house where the boys dumped their candy and had a ball going through it all. Charlotte and Jake's baby sister, Skylar played and hugged and kissed all night. They were so sweet together.







We had so much candy that I thought it was going to last forever. WRONG! Wayne and I have no willpower when it comes to chocolate so that was the first to go. And Nathan loves the Tootsie Rolls. So between the 4 of us, our stash is quickly dwindling and making its way to Mommy's thighs :)

3 comments:

LORA said...

Nathan is my kind of boy! I love Tootsie Rolls, too! And, Tootsie Pops. I thought I'd pass along something that I heard on TV last week. When my boys were small, we were told that we should dole out the candy a little bit every day so they wouldn't get too much sugar. Well, there's a new school of thought regarding that! The American Dental Association says you should let them pig out on Halloween night and eat everything they can get down!! That way, they only have all that sugar on their teeth one time, and usually, they are sick of candy for about a week. During that week, you throw it out, or hide it (or, in your case, eat it!). LOL

Loved sweet little Charlotte giving out the candy instead of taking it! Boys don't do that.

Lora

Carrie said...

Lots of fun and lots of candy!! I'd say this year's Halloween was a success!!

Anonymous said...

Mommy I liked your bucket. All those little creepy characters looked so cute. LOL Mom