Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Texas State Fair, 2011

The night that Charlotte got hurt, we went to the State Fair with Nathan...Grandmother had it all under control at the doctor's office, so we stayed and had fun! Nathan was so excited to be there! He remembered last year when Wayne won him two stuffed animals, and wanted Wayne to do it again! He was so excited about the games, but we told him we'd play one early and another when we left. The first thing we did was go on the Carousel. Then we headed to the snake exhibit.







These snakes were HUGE! The pictures don't do them justice! After looking at the snakes, we went to the game area. Nathan saw a booth with a big Scooby Doo and told Daddy that was the one he wanted. We all know the games aren't set up to be won, especially to try to win a big prize. So on the side, Wayne talked to the guy and asked how much the big Scooby was...I can't remember the price, but Wayne worked it out with the man so that Nathan would "win" the Scooby on his own and Wayne paid for it ahead of time :) What a good daddy!



Nathan was so proud of himself when he won it! He told me "Daddy was going to win him for me, but I did it myself!" Now it was on to the crocodile exhibit, and Scooby was right there with Nathan the whole time.


Last year, we got cotton candy for Nathan, but he wasn't a big fan of it. He kept seeing all of the kids with it and wanted it. We kept saying, "Remember how you didn't like it last year?" But Nathan said, "I know I didn't like it when I was little, but I promise I'll like it this time, PLEASE???" So of course, we got him some...



And he had one tiny bite and a tiny lick and kept offering it to us! Then he said he wanted to save the rest for later :)

Now to the petting zoo. Nathan loved feeding all of the animals. Wait till you see the Kangaroo at the end! All he needs is a silk robe and a cigar!




Nathan's FAVORITE thing was the Fun House. The floors moved, there were tunnels to crawl through, and the best part was the last room where it was filled with bubbles and suds! Nathan and I went through it first and then he wanted Wayne to go through it again with him, but Wayne said he rushed through it just so he could get to the bubble room!







Of course we stuffed ourselves with all sorts of fair food: corn dogs, chicken fingers, ice cream, funnel cakes, and caramel apples. We ended the night with Nathan playing one more game where we won a new race car. And this time Wayne didn't have to "fix" the game :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness! Wayne, you are the BEST! Nathan looks so proud of his Scooby. So cute! That first picture of him standing by that wall should be framed! I can tell all 3 of you had the BEST time! Next year, I want to go with y'all!!!