Friday, January 13, 2012

Nathan Loves His Mommy!

Two days ago, Nathan's friend Jake came over to play. While they were sitting at the table having a snack, Jake asked Nathan if his daddy was fun. Nathan of course said yes and told Jake how they wrestle every night. Then Jake said that Daddies are more fun than Mommies. I was putting the dishes away, but was listening to how this conversation was going to go. Nathan said, "Yeah, mommies always tell you no." And then Jake said "Yeah mommies should just go to outer space." Then Nathan said, "Yeah Mommy, go to outer space!" So this conversation goes on for a while about how they would have so much fun if mommies weren't there and then the daddies could just take them to the park and to the movies. I have to admit I was a little sad listening to them. I chimed in saying, "But who would fix you all dinner and lunch? And who would tuck you into bed and rock you and sing to you?" Jake kept saying "Daddy will!" And Nathan copied everything Jake said. It got to be kind of a game and we were all laughing about who is more fun, mommy or daddy. Well, after Jake went home, Nathan was helping me clean up. I had kind of forgotten about the outer space conversation when Nathan came over to me and gave me a big hug and kiss. And he said, "Mommy, I don't really want you to go to outer space." I said, "Really Nathan?" And he said, "No Mommy, I would miss you. You're my mommy. I love you, and you're fun too." It was so sweet because he kept telling me all night that he really didn't want me to go to outer space. It was like he was worried he hurt my feelings. That's my sweet boy!