Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sharkey

Our pet fish, Sharkey, passed away a few days ago. We've had Sharkey close to three years so Wayne and I were so worried that Nathan would be really upset. As we gently broke the news to him, I was preparing myself for lots of tears, questions about death and Heaven, and possibly a mini funeral. After Wayne finished telling Nathan, he looked at us and said "Mommy and Daddy, can we PLEASE get a turtle now?"

"Ummmm, well....." Wayne and I were not prepared for that reaction! And before we could answer him, he's running off to tell Charlotte the news.

"Charlotte! We're getting a turtle!" and then they both start jumping for joy yelling "Yay! We get a turtle!"

Rest in peace Sharkey, I promise they did love you while you were here.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

God Bless you Sharkey...you were a good fish. Can't wait to meet the new turtle!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny. I was laughing out loud. Instead of a turtle, let's get a cute sweet cuddly puppy. Love, Mama