Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter 2013

Easter weekend went a little differently than we had planned. Wayne's grandmother, MeMe, passed away Wednesday night. Wayne and Chris went to El Dorado Thursday evening, and then Helen and I drove down on Friday. Carrie and Pearce stayed with Mama and Papa because Pearce was getting over being sick, so Nathan and Charlotte (along with Otis and Daisy) joined them too! Mama and Papa had quite the full house!

Even though it was a sad occasion, it was great to see all of Wayne's family and get caught up. Helen and I drove back late Saturday night while Wayne and Chris stayed until Sunday. They were exhausted but enjoyed seeing all of their cousins. And Helen and I had so much fun on our little road trip! We took Wayne's car and had plenty of snacks and drinks. We talked the whole time and had fun knowing we could stop whenever we wanted to! We had Culver's butter burgers on the way down and then Olive Garden on the way home. That is my kind of trip!

While we were gone, Nathan and Charlotte had so much fun helping Mama and Papa take care of Pearce and being with Auntie Carrie. They got yogurt, visited Grandma, made orange juliuses every morning, went on golf cart rides, went to the park, went fishing, and even played in the mud!







When they went to visit Grandma, Charlotte had fallen asleep in the car and slept on the floor the whole time!




Here they are having movie night with Cookie right in the middle.


Here is the mud playing! Do you think Papa was home when this was going on??? Nope, and this is what happens.






Nathan and Charlotte spent the night at Mama and Papa's house Saturday night since I got home so late (got to have the bed and house to my self for a little while!) and then Carrie brought everyone over Sunday morning. We colored eggs and had an indoor Easter egg hunt since it was raining. Nathan and Charlotte are so cute with Pearce! They love playing with him so much! And I loved that Pearce was perfectly happy with me. I let Carrie do all of the work, and I took care of Pearce. He made me feel so good when I would be holding him and then try to put him down. His sweet little hands would grab onto my arm even tighter because he didn't want me to put him down. I loved it!



















1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh man, Culver's sounds so good!! I definitely had such a fun time with N and C! And Ash, the sad thing is that Papa WAS home when they were playing in the mud....he just gave up and went to his office :)