Thursday, April 4, 2013

School Easter Parties

We had back to back Easter parties at school. Charlotte's was on Wednesday, and Nathan's was Thursday. We had lots of fun and enough candy to last a month!!!

Charlotte's party also included a music program, her very first one! All of the two year olds performed together and sang all of the songs they had been learning in music class with Miss Chrissie. The songs were simple: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Chicken Dance, Jesus Loves Me, and The Goodbye Song. All of the kids decorated an Easter egg as their spot to sit on. Charlotte asked Nathan to help her color hers. It was a big scribbly mess but so cute because she and Nathan worked on it together. When Charlotte's class first walked out, they looked so cute. I have to say that (although I admit I'm a bit biased) Charlotte was the cutest one there! She loved the dress she was wearing and got so many compliments on how cute she looked. Charlotte was holding Miss Shelley's hand. When she found her spot, she started looking around for me. I had the perfect spot right in front of her, and when she saw me, she had the biggest smile, waved to me, and blew me kisses. She is such a sweet little girl!

I really thought Charlotte would be shy and wouldn't really perform, but I was wrong! Charlotte sang all of her songs and did all of her movements. In between songs, she would wave and blow me a few more kisses. I videotaped the whole thing and loved watching it again that night with Wayne and Nathan.

After the program, all of the kids had their egg hunt. Charlotte had so much fun!









Nathan's party was the next day. I was one of the moms in charge of leading the party so Charlotte and I got to school early to help hide Easter eggs for Nathan's class. Charlotte always loves going to Nathan's room. He takes care of her when we're there and is always sure to include her in whatever his class is doing. Plus several of his friends have younger siblings that Charlotte has become friends with with. She makes herself right at home in Nathan's room and feels like she is part of the group!

Charlotte helped me and several other moms hide the eggs for the kids. When Nathan's teachers gave them the green light, they were off! They were supposed to only get 15 eggs. When Nathan found his 15 eggs, he started to help some of his friends find the rest of their eggs. One little girl, Izzy, was having a hard time getting all of her eggs, and Nathan made it his mission to help her. She was so happy when she got all of her eggs and gave Nathan a hug for helping her. So sweet.










These next pictures are so funny. I wanted to take a picture of Nathan and Charlotte together. Nathan was cooperative, but Charlotte was not! Nathan kept smiling while I was trying to get Charlotte to smile, and then he finally had enough.






After the egg hunt, we went into the room for snacks and a craft. Charlotte and the other siblings sat at another table with their own snacks and crafts.







I am so proud of these two cutie pies! When I see them in their school environment, it makes me so proud. Both of their teachers and friends love them.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

What fun parties!! I know both teachers love them so much!!!