Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bee Hive

I discovered this enormous black ball in the tree in our backyard and thought it was strange looking. At first I thought it was some sort of birds nest that was sideways for some reason. After getting a little closer, I saw things flying around it. I got a little closer and realized it was a HUGE bee hive!!! They were swarming all over it, and I just about had a heart attack. I ran in to get my camera and took this picture. I was so creeped out though that I didn't get the best shot. The camera strap brushed against my arm, and I screamed and ran inside thinking they were on me!

I called my pest control people who told me to call a company that specializes in bee removal. "Specializes" means "charges big bucks!" They told me that they are really busy this time of year and that it's a pretty common problem. They said to wait a few days and that they would probably fly away because they don't want to be outside. If not, call them and they'll remove them for a mere $325! But after posting on Facebook about my new friends, someone I used to work with is actually a bee keeper and is going to see if any bee keepers in my area need bees! Crazy! I didn't know there were many bee keepers around 😊 I'll let you know how this turns out and post pictures of the removal/relocation. I'm itchy just typing all if this!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

UGH....that is the grossest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!