Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 6


Today was a shoping day. First we went back to Campo di' Fiori. We snacked on cheese and tomatos, drank coffee, and had fun looking at all of the booths. We then walked around to look at different clothing stores and specialty stores. I thought it was so interesting to see that most of the owners stood outside their doors in the street and talked to each other until a customer came in. They all seemed so friendly! Wayne and I ate lunch together and then split up so I could finish shopping and he could go to the train station to get our tickets for the next day. I was a little nervous about how I would navigate without having Wayne with me, but I did pretty well! One thing I love about Rome is that it is so busy with tons of people walking all over the place so I always felt safe. I ended up getting two dresses that I love, so I had a successful outing! After Wayne and I met back up, we went back to the Vatican to see the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museum. Today was actually our 10 year anniversary so it was neat to be able to celebrate it in such a beautiful place! The 2nd picture here is on the roof of the Vatican.

I also took pictures of our hotel. It was called the Hotel Cosmopolita and was in the perfect location! The room was small, but was perfect for us. We've noticed that everything in Italy is small...even thier Coke cans! The room was nice though because it was cute and very authentic looking and feeling. We really did love it. Tomorrow, we are off to Florence!










2 comments:

Carrie said...

I want to see the dresses you got!

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty gazing at those green beans. Love, mom