Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Charlotte's 4th Birthday

My baby girl is 4! 4 years old seemed like it was so far away. But Charlotte was so excited to be turning 4 and to have a birthday party with all of her friends. When I asked her what kind of party she wanted, she immediately said a tea party. Whenever she goes to Mama's house, she always asks to get out Mama's tea set, so a tea party seemed perfect for her. After talking about it for a while, she then decided she wanted to wear dress up clothes. So then we decided to have a dress up tea party. We invited the girls from her class plus Skylar and Lauren. I was so happy that everyone could come! Carrie and Pearce came down for the weekend, and I was so thankful. I basically knew what I wanted to do and how I wanted to decorate, but Carrie helped me with the little details and organization. It would not have turned out as cute without her! 

The idea of the party was that the little girls would come dressed up in their favorite outfits (either tea party or princess dresses). I turned the dining room into the dress up room where I got all of Charlotte's dress up clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry, and the full length mirror that I keep in the guest room. Once the girls got here, they played with everything. They changed outfits, accessorized, and admired themselves in the mirror. It was the cutest thing ever! I let Charlotte pick out her dress (she changed her mind several times), her jewelry, and decide how she wanted her hair. She wanted me to braid both sides and then put her Rapunzel hair on. And Auntie Carrie did her makeup. She felt like a special little princess!!!!

Big brother Nathan was playing in his first baseball game at the beginning of the party, but when he and Daddy showed up, Nathan had a big surprise for his sister...a HUGE helium princess balloon that was about as big as her and a bouquet of roses. So sweet. After the girls dressed up for a while, we went outside for a group picture. Nathan was the life of the party! He was not shy in the least and announced to all of the girls that after we take the picture, we can go to the bounce house!!!! Ummmm, there is no bounce house. Nathan, stop trying to be Mr. Popular with the 3 yr olds! Oh and he also told them, they can all go watch the movie Frozen!

Then we went inside to have our tea party lunch or turkey sandwiches cut out with flower cookie cutters, little mini toasts that Charlotte loves, mini muffins, fruit, chips, and chicken salad croissant sandwiches for the moms. And the kids all had a plastic tea cups with a straws filled with pink lemonade. I have to admit, it was really cute!

After we ate, it was time for cupcakes and Happy Birthday. Charlotte was so cute...she just loved having all of the attention and smiled the whole time we sang Happy Birthday to her. After cupcakes, the little girls and I did a little craft and then they went outside to play. Everyone had a great time, and Charlotte kept telling me how much fun she had. She made me so happy for her. Plus she got so many nice presents!!!! Happy birthday to my sweet baby girl. Even though you are 4, you are still my baby. And you tell me that all the time :)








 


















































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great Party!! Everyone felt like a Princess. But the prettiest, sweetest princess of all is our little Charlotte. We hope every Birthday is as happy as this one. Love, Mama and Papa