Sunday, June 8, 2014

Charlotte's 4 Year Checkup

Sweet little Charlotte had her four year well check on Wednesday and I was completely dreading this visit because I knew this was the one that had 4 shots waiting for her! I remember Nathan going through it, and it broke my heart because at 4, they are old enough to realize what's going on. Nathan was so upset when he got his shots. 

I told Charlotte that we were going to the doctor to get weighed and measured but didn't mention the vaccines...I figured I'd wait til the last possible minute. She wore a dress that mama made for her and looked so cute. She passed all of the tests with flying colors: hearing, vision, fine motor and gross motor. And she is up 4 inches and 6 pounds since last year! She's in the 55th percentile for height (40 in) and 60th for weight (36.8 lbs). Dr. Guetersloh said she must be a good eater, I guess so if salad and chicken nuggets count.

When it was time for her shots, the nurse walked in with them on a tray and had me sign for them. Charlotte saw them and asked me if she was getting a shot. I said yes and she said "Ok mommy". The nurse told her to lay down on the table and that she'd feel two stings and that was it. Charlotte just got up there, laid down, held my hand, and then squeezed her eyes shut. I couldn't believe it! Nathan would have been freaking out by now! She gave her the shots and Charlotte let out a little cry but that was it! She was so brave! When I told Nathan about it, he thought I wasn't telling the truth, ha ha!

Afterwards, we met Mama for yogurt and then I took her and Nathan to the Five Below store to pick out a little treat. 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your little dress Charlotte. Well I just weigh 100 plus pounds more than you so I wonder what percentile I'm in???? When I was a little girl the doctor called me "Monkey Face" so I don't think I enjoyed going to the doctor as much as you do.