Thursday, June 19, 2014

I'm So Behind!

I just published 3 posts that are a few weeks late! Summer is here and life is crazy. I'm behind on EVERYTHING! Laundry, cleaning, house work in general, and just living day by day. I love the summer though because we can do whatever we want when we want. We can stay up late, sleep in, wear the same clothes as the day before, whatever! But I'm realizing how much I really counted on those hours of alone time to get basic things done like house work, running errands, and having some "me" time. The other day I got frustrated because I felt like Nathan and Charlotte were asking me to do a million things for them. I decided to drive through Starbucks to get a coffee and then they were asking for a juice box or a hot chocolate or a treat of some kind. I kind of lost it and told them to stop bring so greedy and that they don't always get what they want when they want. I'd love to go shopping and get some new clothes or go to the movies with my friends. I'd even love to just lay on the couch and watch some tv and then take a nap. When I'm hungry, I fix myself a snack. When I'm thirsty, I fix my own drink. No one does it for me. I brush y'all's teeth every day and night, I fix daddy's breakfast, lunch, and dinner and take his clothes to the cleaners. And if I want to get a caramel macchiato for myself then I should be able to get it and not buy a bunch of other stuff!  

I realized I pretty much never took a breath during this 3 minute monologue sob story and Nathan and Charlotte were just stating at me.  Nathan finally broke the silence and said, "Ummmm, it's ok mommy, you can get coffee and I don't want anything." "Me, either" said Charlotte.  

Thank You, now let's have a nice freaking day. 

2 comments:

The Owen Family said...

I literally laughed out loud! I feel your pain. I love summer but the bickering and the "I wants" makes starting school in August a lot easier! Hang in there :-)

Anonymous said...

OH! Mama to the rescue!! Red Rover Red Rover send Charlotte and Nathan right over. Of course all the Mommies know just how you feel. Love, Mama