Monday, November 24, 2014

Charlotte

Charlotte is such a sweetheart and is so sensitive. She makes me laugh every day and is just a joy to be with! I love her tender heart and her dramatic tendencies. She has become very particular about her clothes. She prefers dresses and leggings and does not want to wear anything tight or itchy, which is a little hard because all the pants right now are skinny/straight leg pants. Every morning, I'll pick out an outfit for her and cross my fingers that she'll like it. We've had a few mornings with tears because I'm telling her it's soft and she's telling me it's itchy. Or she just wants to wear a pretty dress. So instead of trying to change her mind about pants, I went shopping for her with these words on my mind: soft, loose, pretty. Here are a few pics of a few of her new clothes. The picture of her without pants is because she loved her shirt and furry vest but not the cream corduroy pants, oh well!

Charlotte's sensitive side has been coming out a lot lately. The other day, she got mad at Nathan for something that he did accidentally (I know that he does things to irritate her on purpose too, but this was legitimately an accident). It hurt his feelings and when I got onto her, she just started crying and ran to Nathan, saying "Nay Nay! I love you!" And she pretty much threw herself into him and hugged him. She was kept crying until Nathan told her it was ok and he wasn't mad. He was hugging her and looking at me like what in the world is going on?! And then she wanted nothing to do with me. She wanted Nathan to tuck her in and brush her teeth. Nathan acted like he was about 5 years older and said, "Mom, I'll take care of her. You can go downstairs." It was so funny! Another time I got onto her, she cried and asked me if I forgave her and told me we would be friends forever. I really don't have to put her in time out because as soon as I correct her, she is genuinely sorry. I don't like it when she gets dramatic, crosses her arms, and storms off, but that doesn't happen too often...it just adds to her little personality.  She also loves to take care of any of us if we are hurt or sick. Daddy had a little tiny cut on his finger, and Charlotte was his nurse. She cuddled with him, fixed him water, and kept asking if he was ok. 

One thing that's made me sad is that she has been going through a separation phase where she cries when I leave her at school, church, play dates. It's gotten better this week. And her teachers always say that she has fun at school and stops crying after a couple of minutes. It does make me sad though for her to keep wanting to hug and kiss me. 

So we've been having play dates at our house. She LOVES to have friends over!!! I love my sweet girl so much.

Here are some pictures of sweet Charlotte:







No comments: