Thursday, November 6, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Charlotte's school had a fall festival along with open house the Sunday before Halloween. They were also doing Trunk or Treat at the festival and needed volunteers to sign up. One of the moms whose daughter is in Charlotte's class (and they just love each other) is really involved in all of the events at the school and asked me to be one of the trunks. So I did, although I wasn't too excited about it. I had never done a Trunk or Treat before and really didn't want to go to a lot of trouble or spend any money on it. On the other hand, I didn't want to have a boring car when everyone else had something great. So I decided to make my car a "Sleepover" theme. I pretty much just put Charlotte's room in my trunk. I had her quilt, lamp, basket of books, pillow, teddy bear, hair/makeup/nail kit, sleeping bag, slippers, and I used her sheet to make it look like curtains. And then Charlotte and I dressed up in our pajamas. It actually turned out really cute! 
We had fun but it ended up being a LONG night! Nathan had a make up soccer game at the exact same time so Wayne took him to that (lucky guy!) What I didn't think about was that we had to be at the school at 3:30 to set up our trunks, then go to the open house from 4-5, then have the fall festival from 5-7, so towards the end, Charlotte and I were exhausted and ready to go home, but we couldn't just leave because our car was where all the people were walking around! There were a few people who were starting to leave, but they had their spouses with them to help pull out and stop people from walking behind the car. Finally at 6:30, I had enough and found a friend to help me pull out. Charlotte and I were starving because we only had candy and cotton candy at the festival so we drove through McDonalds :) 







This is of Charlotte at her class party, which was also pajama day. She got to wear her pajamas twice in one week! The moms who set up the party went all out. Everything was so cute! But now the bar is set high for the rest of us who have to plan parties! They had cupcakes, orange juice in little mason jars with gummy worms on the bottom, fruit kabobs, and a clear plastic glove filled with popcorn and candy corns on the end of each finger to look like nails and a ring on the outside! That was my favorite. They also got to decorate and paint their own pumpkins. 







On Halloween night, which was a Friday, Nathan and Charlotte were so excited! Charlotte was so excited that she ended up falling asleep in Daddy's chair. I was glad she was taking a nap before Alison, Shawn, Lauren and Trevor, came over...but she would not wake up! We were supposed to go to the neighborhood party at 5:30 and our friends were coming over at 5, so I wanted to get her up and dressed a little before 5. It took me 15 minutes to get her up, and while I was doing her makeup, she kept falling asleep again! She is such a PEARCE! But once Lauren and Trevor got here, she perked up. So Charlotte was Anna from FROZEN this year and Nathan was a red ninja from a show NINJAGO. Charlotte's wig completely made her costume! It was so cute on her! We ate pizza here first and then headed to the neighborhood party. The kids did bounce houses, a petting zoo, pony ride, got balloon animals, and just had fun being together. Then we went trick or treating. The boys stayed together and so did the girls. It was so cute to see how much they all love being together and that they really do look out for each other. Trevor thinks that Nathan is the coolest thing in the world and Charlotte thinks the same about Lauren! We were out for about an hour and a half and then headed back to the house to eat it all. I think I almost made myself sick from eating so much candy. And Nathan had fun handing out our candy to all of the trick or treaters. He also loved playing with Charlotte's wig the next day!














No comments: