Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Guest Room Guest Bathroom Makeover

My next big project was the guest room and guest bathroom upstairs. They were both painted green and pink and looked like a watermelon :) I wanted to completely redo the rooms by repainting and also recorating. My initial thought was that a fresh coat of a neutral paint color would be all I need to give the rooms a makeover. I was going to keep the bedding/decor the same and not spend any extra money. Well, that was just an INITIAL and FLEETING thought :) Once I got started, I thought if I'm going to have a beautiful new color, I need new bedding. If I'm going to have new bedding, I need new curtains to go with the beautiful new paint color and bedding. If I'm going to have new paint, bedding, curtains, I can't keep the same gold lamp shades.  So of course, one thing led to another, and I did get lots of new things. I did try to get those new things at reasonable prices though. The planning of it all is what took forever! I could not decide on the paint color which I thought would be easy. The room is tricky because it doesn't get a lot of light and the color on one wall looks so different than the color on another wall. I went through so many paint samples!!! I think I bought a total of about 10 samples! I finally chose Morning Sun which almost looked like a cream but once on the walls has a slight yellow tint. I really love it. I thought this room would be easy because it is just big wall space, not a ton of windows and cabinets to tape around. It was harder though because the ceiling was taller and had an incline. My arms were SOOOOOOO tired and sore from looking up and rolling!!! This room took me a full week plus the ordering/returning of items for decoration. It really was exhausting but I am so happy with the finished look! Now the last thing I have to do is find a stool for under the desk and that can move easily to the sewing desk too. 














No comments: