Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Thorne!

Last Saturday was a BUSY day! We went to Thorne's birthday party in the morning and then to the circus that afternoon! Needless to say, Nathan went to bed a little early that night and slept in the next morning. It was wonderful!


On the way to Thorne's house, it was POURING and thundering. I felt so bad because I knew Thorne's mommy was planning on having an outside party with sprinklers and a pool. But after playing inside for a while and eating lunch, the rain stopped, and the kids still got to play outside. Here is Nathan helping Thorne's daddy get a sprinkler ready.


You put a hat on the top of the sprinkler and the water shoots straight up, balancing the hat at the top. The kids loved it!


We also had water balloons! Nathan didn't feel bad at all popping them on my legs. Soon, all of the dad were having a water balloon fight. Nathan, thinking he's a big boy, tried to get in on it :) It was so cute because he'd try to throw them at Thorne's daddy, but he usually missed. He'd still laugh out loud like he was part of the game...so cute.





Nathan actually threw a water balloon at Lauren...I don't think she really appreciated that :)

The theme of the party was "Fire Trucks" and after playing outside for a while, a real fire truck showed up at the house! Nathan and the other kids were SO excited! Nathan loves trucks and cars, so I just knew that he was going to love seeing one up close.



The firemen were so nice and were letting the kids crawl inside the truck, play in the seats, try on their boots, etc... Well, Nathan did not want to get into the truck at all. I think it kind of scared him seeing it up close since it was so big. Eventually I got him to stand on the front bumper (for about 1 second and then he was trying to jump back into my arms) but that was it.


What Nathan really loved doing was splashing in the puddles around the fire truck.


When they left, Nathan was all interested again, yelling "Bye fire truck! Bye Man!" Happy Birthday Thorne and thank you for inviting us to your party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that water slide at Thorne's party. AND that big fire engine. WOW! I want to ride on the fire truck and I know dogs do ride on fire trucks because I saw one. Arf, arf, Cookie