Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Charlotte's Dedication

Last Sunday was Charlotte's Dedication at our church, Prestonwood. The service started at 9:15, and we had to be there by 8:30, which meant that we had to leave the house by 8:10 in order to get there and get Nathan checked into his Sunday school class. Needless to say, I was a little stressed thinking about not only getting myself ready, but getting both Nathan and Charlotte ready AND having time to take pictures beforehand. Plus, to add to the stress, Wayne had to go out of town on business and I was taking Charlotte and Nathan to Austin to visit Carrie that same day. So I spent the whole night before getting everything packed and organized. And while I tried to sleep, my mind kept spinning...Did I forget anything? Is my alarm set? Did I put that extra bottle in the diaper bag? I stayed up so long trying to think of everything that I was so exhausted the next morning and didn't hear my alarm go off at 6:00! I ended up waking up at 6:45! Luckily, we were all ready on time and even had 5 minutes to spare









Here we are before the service...






And here we are during...Mom, Dad, and Helen were right on the front row and were able to get some good pictures of us...



Pastor Graham is on the left. We shook his hand, had our picture taken with him, and then received Charlotte's very first bible.







Charlotte was such a good baby during the dedication. My parents and Wayne's mom were on the front row and got some really good pictures that I'll post later. Charlotte just laid in Wayne's arms looking at everyone and never cried. As we walked out, she fell asleep...



We gathered up our bags and went back into church to hear the rest of the service, and Charlotte slept on me the whole time! We then picked up Nathan and met our parents in the lobby.


Grandmother, Mama, and baby Charlotte



We then headed to Maggiano's for a yummy lunch. Nathan and Charlotte were both perfect during lunch. Even though Charlotte was awake, she just sat in her carrier at the table so sweetly and watched everything going on. Wayne and I are both so proud of Nathan and Charlotte. We are definitely blessed!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Charlotte looked adorable!!! I love how Nathan is such a proud big brother. Everyone looked so cute!

Heath and Adriana Stacey said...

You are SO blessed. What a perfect day! I love how you can tell how much Nathan loves Charlotte in those pictures of them together.