Tuesday, November 2, 2010

World Series, Game 3

Wayne and Nathan went to their first World Series game on Saturday. It was game 3 of the Rangers playing the Giants. Wayne has watched almost every game this season, and when the Rangers were in the playoffs with the Yankees, he told me that if they go to the World Series, he was definitely getting tickets for him and Nathan. The day the tickets went on sale, Wayne spent the whole morning in his office, on the computer trying to get 2 tickets. Nathan and I went to a birthday party that morning, and I was so relieved to see Wayne in a good mood when I got home...he got the tickets!

So the weekend before the game, we went shopping for all of the gear: They both needed t-shirts, Wayne needed a hat, and Nathan wore the hat he had signed by Nolan Ryan at a previous Rough Riders baseball game. Nathan also picked out the big foam #1 Fan hand. They were ready! On the day of the game, my mom and I were actually going to Canton for the day, so Wayne had to do everything himself to get Nathan ready. Wayne said he took a great nap and then they headed to the ballpark around 2. My one instruction to Wayne was "Take lots of pictures!" So Wayne's mom came over before they left to take a few :)





Here's the stadium





I love this one! Wayne said that as soon as he'd take his camera out to take a picture of Nathan, someone would walk by and offer to take one of both of them.


When they went into the stadium, all of the fans were handed a Rangers towel to twirl around, a ticket holder to wear around your neck, and Nathan got these under eye stickers which Wayne said he loved :)


Here's a picture from their seats. Wayne said that in the beginning, Nathan was a little overwhelmed by all of the people and yelling, and he was starting to think that Nathan wasn't going to want to sit through a majority of the game. So after finding their seats, he took Nathan to walk around and get some snacks.


Wayne told Nathan he could have anything he wanted, and he chose a cup of french fries and a HUGE lemonade :)


While they sat and ate their snacks, Nathan made a few laps on this platform. After getting some food in him and getting used to the atmosphere, Nathan was the Rangers biggest fan! Wayne said he kept yelling "Go Rangers!" and would give everyone high fives :)





I watched the game at home and kept waiting for Wayne to call me to say they were heading home, but he only called me to tell me what a good time they were having and that Nathan was being so good! They ended up staying until the very end and didn't get home until 11:00 pm! The next morning, Nathan couldn't wait to tell me all about their night. Daddy even got him a baseball and bat set there that he is so proud of. I am so glad they two of them had so much fun, and I think it's so neat that Nathan can now say that his daddy took him to a World Series game. What a great father/son experience!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness! You are one lucky little boy!!! I know you and Daddy had the best time at the game!

Anonymous said...

Now NaNa you are a real sports fan. Daddy and Nathan at all the games. Love, Mama, Papa, and Cookie