Sunday, October 7, 2012

Getting Ready For Halloween

Halloween is only a few weeks away and we are ready! Nathan told me that he wanted to be Spider-Man for Halloween. I had been on the lookout for the perfect Spider-Man costume but was having a hard time finding one I liked. I heard that they had cute ones at Costco and went there to look, but they didn't have any left in Nathan's size. I went to two of them! The next day I went to Target and I found one I really liked but they only had a small and I really wanted a medium. I went ahead and bought it just to have and then went to another Target...same thing, only smalls left. Next I went to Toys R Us, and they had one medium left! Yay!!! Nathan had gone with me when we went to Costco and was so sad to leave without a costume. On the day I went to Target and Toys R Us, he was at Grandmother's house. So when I picked him up, I told him I found his costume, and he couldn't wait to get home and try it on! We put it on, and he was so excited! It made me so happy to see him so happy! He did not want to take it off that night and even slept with it next to his bed! The next day, he wanted to put it on as soon as he woke up. I think he wore it for two days straight. Then we told him he had to put it up until Halloween. It made it worth it going to one store after another to see him so happy!




Charlotte kept telling us that she wanted to be a pink princess, not just a princess but a PINK princess. Well, as I was looking for Nathan's costume, I also kept an eye out for Charlotte's costume. But every place I went, they only had the Disney princess costumes. Most of the time they were only for older girls, size 4-6. Even if they did have them in Charlotte's size, none of them were pink. I did find one pink princess costume at a Halloween store that was ok, but I wasn't just thrilled over it. Plus this costume was $40! There's no way I'm spending $40 on a one-time costume. Just a few weeks ago, I was at the mall and decided to look at the costumes at Gymboree. They didn't have a princess costume, but they did have a cute fairy one. I thought it would just have to do. But before I bought it, I went to one other children's store next door. And guess what I found, a pink princess costume in a size 2-3! I felt like angels were about to start singing when I saw it! It was so perfect, and there was only 1 left!

When I brought it home to Charlotte, she was smiling so big. She said "Me a pretty pink princess!" She could not wait to put it on, and I couldn't wait to see her in it. As I got it on her, I could tell that it was going to fit perfectly and then, all of a sudden, she started crying and screaming and trying to get it off! What's wrong Charlotte??? She said, "Don't want it!" I was crushed! Why doesn't she like it? As soon as I got her to calm down, she told me it hurt. I realized that she thought it was itchy underneath. So I ran upstairs and got her a shirt to wear under it. We put that on and then the dress. And she loved it! Thank goodness!!! Now both Nathan and Charlotte are ready to Trick or Treat!



I also got creative last week and made these rice crispy treat pumpkins and acorns. Aren't they cute?! I was going to a Pinterest Party (which is an online site with lots of creative ideas) At the party, we were going to make a wreath together, and we were all supposed to bring a snack we found on Pinterest. I have to admit, I was pretty impressed with myself since I'm not the most creative person. These snacks did take me almost 3 hours to make, but oh well :)



1 comment:

Carrie said...

Nathan, I love your Spiderman costume! You look so cool in that. I can't wait to hear all about Halloween night! Charlotte, of course you would want to be a princess...aren't you a princess every day of your life??? You look so sweet in that sparkly dress and tiara!!