Saturday, January 5, 2013

Nathan's School Party

Nathan's party was very different from Charlotte's. His class was full of energy! I love seeing him with all of his friends because I can tell he has fun with all of them, and they really like Nathan too! Charlotte came with me and didn't want to leave my side which made taking pictures a bit hard. She came out of her shell a bit when the kids all went to their tables to decorate cookies. She sat right next to Nathan, and he kept giving her little bits of toppings to eat. 

At one point Nathan got really embarrassed because he was spreading the icing on his cookie very carefully, and then instead of using some of the toppings that were already poured into a bowl, he opened one of the sprinkle bottles. Well, the bottle didn't have a top on it with holes. So when he shook the sprinkles onto his cookie, they just poured out all over his plate. It was actually kind of funny, and the moms laughed. He smiled shyly, but I could tell he was embarrassed. He was worried he was going to be in trouble for wasting them. It really was funny, but when I realized he was sad, I told him it was perfectly fine and that no one cared. He looked at me and smiled, but I could see he was about to cry...my sweet little boy. He even pretended like he dropped his napkin so he could lean over and wipe his tears without anyone knowing. But then, a little while later, we heard another "whoosh" sound, and his friend Sawyer who was sitting right next to him, did the exact same thing. The two of them laughed and laughed about it, so then Nathan felt better. 

At the end of the party, the kids all sang a Christmas song for the parents. We had so much fun! It was especially fun to know that there was no school for a full two weeks...actually two weeks and a few days!

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

School parties are always fun. Looks like you have so many friends Nathan. Love, Mama and Papa and Cookie