Saturday, January 5, 2013

Visiting Santa

 Our visit to see Santa was very interesting. Every time I've been to the mall, the Santa line was pretty much non-existent. Well, every time I was at the mall, it was a weekday and somewhat early in the day. We decided to visit Santa on a weekend so that Daddy could go with us. Apparently, the Saturday that we picked was also the Saturday that everyone else in Frisco picked too! Nathan and Charlotte were so excited to see Santa! I got them all dressed up, and when we got to the mall and saw the line, Wayne and I just about died. The line was SO LONG!!! But there was no way that we could tell two excited kids that we changed our minds about visiting him. They were way too happy. So we had to just tough it out. 

To pass the time, we took turns taking Nathan and Charlotte to walk around and get lunch and snacks. First, Wayne took them to get their lunch and his. Then they went to a toy store for 30 minutes. Then they went with me to get my lunch. Then we came back and hung out with Daddy for a while and then went to get ice cream. All in all, we waited for 2 hours and 15 minutes!!!

Charlotte and Nathan were both excited once we got to the front of the line. Charlotte said she would sit on Santa's lap and tell him what she wanted for Christmas (a pink baby doll). When it was finally our turn, we talked to Mrs.Claus first. Charlotte was very talkative to her and told her she wanted two babies. Nathan, on the other hand, would not say a word! She had to guess what he wanted and he just nodded! After Mrs. Claus, we were about to see Santa, and Wayne told Nathan he had to speak up and not be shy. We knew Nathan would be sad later on if he didn't talk to Santa. When we walked up to Santa, Nathan went right up to him and hopped on his lap. This time, it was Charlotte wanted nothing to do with him! She would not let go of me! So Nathan went first and told Santa he wanted a new bike and a Transformer. Charlotte (while having a death grip on me) did speak up and tell him she wanted a baby. So, in order to get our picture, I had to sit with Nathan, Charlotte, and Santa. I was wishing I had put my lipstick on!!!!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte and Nathan you look so cute...ready for Santa. I bet he will always bring you what you ask for because you are almost always nice to each other and to Mama and Papa and Cookie. Cookie gets so excited when you come to visit. She loves you both. Love, Mama and Papa, and Cookie