Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Lunch Date

As a reward to Nathan for having a great week (after his two meltdowns), Charlotte and I met him for lunch at school. Nathan loves to buy his lunch, so my initial plan was to go through the line with him. I thought it would be fun for us to see how he does it. The night before, I was going over the lunch menu with him, and he very sweetly said, "Mommy, can we not go through the line tomorrow?" I said, "Would you rather me bring you lunch from somewhere else?" And he said, "Yeah, I just think I'd be a little embarrassed because none of the other moms buy their lunch with their kids." Of course, I didn't care at all how we did it. And I thought it was so cute that he had been thinking about this for a while and then finally spoke up. So Charlotte and I drove through Sonic that morning and brought that for lunch. Nathan was so happy to see us! We had a great time eating together. He told me all about his day so far and was very talkative. At the end of lunch, his class was lining up to go back to their class. I told Nathan he could wait at the table with me until his class got closer to the door and then he needed to hop in line with them. I have to admit, I was a bit worried that he would get sad when it was time to leave, but he was so good! He started waving to his friends and telling me who everyone was. They all waved back to him, and it was so obvious that he was fitting right in and was well liked. When it was time for him to get in line, he gave me and Charlotte hugs and kisses and walked out. As Charlotte and I were walking out, we saw Nathan's class lining up for a bathroom break. Nathan came over to give me one more kiss, and another little boy, Aiden, came over too. He put his arm around Nathan and said, "He's my best friend!" That just made my day! It was really fun to eat lunch with him so now I can't wait to go back!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan had fun showing off his pretty Mommy and little sister. He looks so happy. Nathan I always say you will have lots of friends because you are so much fun and still know how to be nice to everyone. We are proud of you Nathan. I want to have lunch with you too one day. Love, Mama and Papa

Anonymous said...

Lunch with Nathan at school looks like everyone is having a great time. I want to go next time. I love tater tot day and corn dog day. Hope they still have those things. Love, Mama