Thursday, October 24, 2013

Austin with Carrie, Meredith, and Chrissy

Two weekends ago, Charlotte and I went on a road trip to Austin with Meredith and Andrew and our college friend Chrissy and her little girl, Sydney. We stayed at Carrie's house, and Pearce had so much fun with his little playmates. Nathan stayed home with Daddy and had a weekend full of fun too. Nathan went to the Dallas Aquarium with his friend Jake, then spent the afternoon with Mama helping her be brave while she got her flu shot. The next day, Wayne and Nathan went to a football party at Lauren and Trevor's house and then to Jake's birthday party...he was one busy boy!

Charlotte had never met Sydney, but the two of them became friends quickly. And Charlotte and Andrew always love playing together. We all rode in my car, and everyone had fun watching movie after movie and eating snack after snack.

When we got to Carrie's, we played for a while and then went to the kiddie amusement park we went to a while back with Nathan and Charlotte. They loved it! The next day we went shopping, got ice cream, played at a park and had a night out eating pizza. We also went on lots of walks looking at all of the "spooky" houses in Carrie's neighborhood. All in all, in was great to be able to catch up with Chrissy and Meredith and reminisce about college and also to see our kids together. 















These pictures are from me using Carrie's fancy, expensive face soap and having an allergic reaction to it! My eyes were SO SWOLLEN! And my skin completely dried out. It was crazy! I used it Sunday morning and this is what I looked like Monday morning. Nathan said I looked like an alien...poor mommy. It's been two weeks, and my face is still a little dry, but so much better. This happened a while back when we went to Springfield. But I thought it was from her eye cream, so I thought, "I'm going to stay away from that stuff!" Well, I stayed away from the eye cream, but it turns out the face soap was the culprit, which I used in Springfield as well. I will stick to my cheap drug store soap from now on!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte loves Sydney. Chrissy is as cute as ever. You girls will stay in touch. Andrew and Pearce had fun even if they were out numbered with all those Mommies and girls. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Ashley I do not like that picture of you after the soap treatment. Never use other peoples cosmetics. We still love you even if you do look a little wrinkly and dryed out and swollen. Love, Mom