Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sewing with Mama: Charlotte's New Jacket

Mama has been giving me weekly sewing lessons, and I've already made 3 things for Charlotte: a pair of pants that were really cute but Charlotte doesn't like them, a red corduroy dress...she likes it, but I need to get her a pair of silver shoes to wear with it, and a jacket that's in this post. She likes the jacket and there are better pictures of it in the Arboretum post that I haven't gotten to yet. Sometimes I'll go over to mom's house while both kids are at school and sometimes I'll take Charlotte with me. When Charlotte goes with me, she and Mama have tea parties, make bracelets with buttons, and when Papa gets home, he takes her on golf cart rides to the pond. On this day, Mama was making a quilt, and Charlotte helped to put the squares together.






After mama finished the quilt, Charlotte brought it home for her babies...Nathan played "babies" too with Charlotte, except he used his Angry Birds and Super Mario toys.




2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am very impressed that you can sew now! Pearce's jacket you made him is "sew" cute, LOL!!!! I'll be putting in another order....maybe you can make him some pants!

Anonymous said...

We do have fun on sewing day. I am very proud of you Ashley and you have done such a good job on the things you've made. And Charlotte knows all about making tea now...which is a good thing to know since I love a nice warm cup of tea. Love, Mama