Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bon Jovi

Last Wednesday was a big girl's night out! Meredith, Marla, Carrie, and I went to the Bon Jovi concert! It was so much fun! We went out to eat first and then headed to the American Airlines Center. And we ended up getting a tad bit lost. We were in the vacinity, but downtown can be so confusing when you're not used to it. There are so many one way streets and we were coming from a different direction so it was a bit of a mess. Marla was driving her mini van and wound up turning onto a street that was for the DART rail train. These cops stopped us, and we asked for directions to Bon Jovi. One cop was nice, but the one talking to Marla was a smart ass. When Marla told him we were trying to get to American Airlines, he said, "Well, this street certainly isn't made for cars...its for the train." And Marla said, "Obviously, I know that, but how do I get to American Airlines?" So the nice cop took over and told us where to go. 

We ended up getting there in plenty of time and loved the show. He sang all of his oldies plus some of the new songs that I didn't know. Everyone made fun of me because I took a short power nap...Mommy had one too many drinks! But I perked up afterwards. We went to another bar and had a few more cocktails. Thank goodness my neighbor offered to walk Nathan to school the next day!!!!







No comments: