Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Snow Days

We have seen lots of snow in Dallas! Our first batch came on a Sunday afternoon and got worse that evening. It was the night of the Oscars. There was a mix of sleet/ice and snow! I was pretty sure school would be cancelled but thought we wouldn't know until the morning so I told nathan and charlotte they had to get ready for bed just like it was a school night. As soon as I said that, I got a message from Charlotte's school that it was cancelled. Nathan was so excited and asked if his was. Nope, not yet. So I teased him and told him he had to go to bed but charlotte could stay up. Bad mommy. Pretty soon, we get the message from his school. They were both so happy! I had gone to the store earlier and got S'mores supplies just in case. So we told them they could both stay up late and have s'mores to celebrate! We stuffed ourselves, watched the oscars, and ended up having two days off!
Later in the week, it snowed again and even more this time! Which is when Pearce was here and my mom had a party at her house. I'll put those pictures on next. So the kids missed Monday and Tuesday of school, then got out early on Friday for the second batch. The next week, more snow! It came Wednesday night and this was a ton! They ended up getting off of school that Thursday, but went to school on Friday and then it was Spring Break! Crazy weather! 






















No comments: