Tuesday, September 19, 2017

First Day of School!

Our summer has come to an end. I was actually happy to get back to school and meet my new class. But I was sad because my Spanish partner from last year, Nellie Soto, got married and moved to a school closer to her house. We were such great friends and worked so well together. My new partner is Beatriz Robbins. She has been great, but it's hard to start over with someone new. Charlotte is in first grade with Sra. Chau and Mrs. Billingsley. Her kindergarten year wasn't that great but she is loving this year! Nathan is in 4th grade with Mrs. Klima and Sra. Dessommes. He loves his teacher but says the work is a lot harder :) We are trying to teach him to really WANT to do well and make good grades. He does want to do well, but also is more concerned with his friends, sports, and having fun. 
My group of kids are the sweetest!!! I don't have any behavior problems and they are so smart! It is still hard to balance teaching and all of the work that goes into it with family, homework, extra curricular activities, and maybe a mom's night out every once in a while for me! But luckily we have Grandmother and Mama and Papa who help us so much!!!










No comments: