Thursday, June 5, 2008

6th Grade Graduation

Yesterday morning was a big day! Nathan and I met Jennifer and Jack at MST to see our previous students graduate 6th grade! These kids were my second group to teach, but they are so special to us because we taught them in first grade and then looped up with them to 2nd grade. Needless to say, I became extremely attached to them and their families. It really was surreal to remember them as first grade babies and to now see how grown up they are! Has that much time really passed?!


Jennifer and I were a bit nervous about how the boys would do with so much going on...and because we had to wake them up early from their morning naps. But with the help of Cheerios, toys, and so much to see, they were in great moods!


Our students were all dressed up and looking so cute! Not only was it graduation day, but it was also the last day of school!


Nathan was in the best mood! He smiled and babbled to anyone who would look at him. During the ceremony, there was a lot of entertainment, and when everyone else clapped, so did Nathan! Sometimes, it was a bit delayed...he was making sure EVERYONE knew he was there. After a while he got tired of sitting on my lap so I let him get on the floor. It was so cute because he did a combination of bouncing/scooting and crawling.


Once music started playing, Jack was on the floor showing everyone his dance moves!


After graduation, we walked through the school to visit with more kids and teachers. Here we are with Morgan whom we used to teach with. We had so much fun, and it did make me miss my job and students. But I am loving my new job...MOMMY!

*Vote for Nathan at http://www.rhondaduronphotographyblog.blogspot.com/ He's contestant N

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Did you like seeing all of those big kids? I don't ever want you to be in 6th grade...I want you to stay a baby forever!!!! I have a surprise for you....I will give it to you in Disney World. Love you Nater-Tot!!!