Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Last weekend, Carrie, Chris, and their dog, Otis, came to visit us. Nathan was so happy to see Auntie Carrie! He tried to stay up late Friday night but just couldn't do it so when he woke up in the morning, he had a big surprise!


On Saturday our mom came to my house and then we all went to the Legacy shopping area for lunch and to walk around. Nathan was a good little boy at lunch but couldn't wait to get down and WALK (which is all he wants to do now)!

"Left foot, right foot, left foot..."

"I'm gonna get you, Mama!"


After lunch, Mom and Carrie dropped me off at my hair appointment and then they took Nate to visit Grandma.
"This is my tummy Grandma."

And then that afternoon, Carrie took Nathan swimming. That is his other favorite past time now. If he's inside, Nathan will walk to the door (or pull me by my hand) and point outside.
"Hey, wait a minute here....Mommy, you kinda look like Auntie Carrie."



"Auntie Carrie, you're so silly!"

While Carrie, Nathan, and I were playing, the guys spent their time watching football NONSTOP :) They had their own media center set up...watching one game on TV and listening to another with their computers. Arkansas barely won their game and kept them on the edge of their seats!

Chris has a set of speakers glued to his ear :)


Otis was the team mascot for the guys and never left their side. Luckily their teams won so everyone was in a good mood!

On Sunday morning, Carrie got up with Nathan and gave him his breakfast...cereal with milk!

Otis was a bit hungry too!

"Auntie Carrie, just let me TRY to feed myself..."


"This spoon thing is hard!"

And that afternoon, we had all of our friends over for a Labor Day party...8 couples, 7 babies (Andrew was home with his grandparents, and a dog) We had the best time! Wayne cooked burgers, and we swam, ate, and played with all of the babies. Now that the summer is coming to an end, I want to get as much use out of our pool as possible.

Dan, Haewon, and Reece used to be our neighbors at our old house, but we are still friends even though we've moved away.

Carrie has her hands full with Nathan and Lauren.

Lauren didn't have her swimsuit on yet, but that didn't stop her from wanting to get in the pool!

Willow, Robin, and Derrick. Willow tried on Nathan's life jacket and it fit her perfectly!


Nathan crawled out of the pool to steal some of Kelly's snacks. He doesn't like for food to go to waste!

Here is Jack and Nick swimming with Willow.

Now Lauren has on her swimsuit!

Otis loved swimming too...in the baby pool. He wanted to be part of the party!


The party was a blast and we loved having all of our friends over. Hopefully all of the other kids were as worn out as Nathan and had a good night's sleep. Carrie snuck into Nathan's room after he went to bed and took this picture. I love how he sleeps!

3 comments:

Heath and Adriana Stacey said...

I love Nate! I just want to pinch his little cheeks. Annalise sleeps that same way - I knew they were destined to be together - ha! Can't wait to see you in November.

Anonymous said...

We had such a great day! Mother, great-grandma,loves to talk about baby Nathan. After his visits we talk about every little detail...over and over. So many darling friends...Nathan, you love playing with all your friends, Otis too. Hugs & Kisses, Mama, Papa, and Cookie

Carrie said...

Nate, I had so much fun with you at your house. All of your friends are so sweet! I think I need to start calling you "The Ladies Man" since you've got Lauren, Kelly, and Annalise chasing after you! Otis really loved playing with you, too. He misses you! I can't wait until you come to Austin for the Ark./TX game! I love you sweet baby boy!!!!! Oh, and I'll be sure to have some Honey Nut Cheerios for your breakfast!