Monday, September 8, 2008

Nathan's New Slide

Among others, there are two things that Nathan loves more than anything: being outside and climbing. When we're inside playing, Nathan always grabs my hand and pulls me to the door to point outside. Once we're outside, he has the best time, but then cries when it's time to come inside. So Wayne and I decided to get him a new slide and climbing toy to play on when we're outside. At least now, we can do something different than just walking around the yard :)


"There are so many parts, Daddy! I'll sort them for you."


"I think you need this yellow part first."


"No, maybe the red one..."


"Or the green one? I just don't know...there are so many parts!"


"I'll go get Mommy to help us, and I need some water."


"I'll hold it steady while you snap those parts together."


"Look Mommy, I'm helping Daddy, and it's almost ready!"


"My daddy is so smart!"

"Weeeee!"
I think we need to work on Nathan sitting up while going down the slide :)

The blue part on the back is like a mini climbing wall. He needs a little help getting up for now, but I think he'll get the hang of it soon.



"Hi, Daddy! Look at me! I did it by myself." Ummmm, not really, but we'll let him think that :)

Here he goes again...on his back :)

"Why do I need to sit up? It's so much more fun when you lay down."

There's a basketball goal on one side and a soccer goal on the other.

Oh and Nathan's other favorite thing to do while outside is to look at the planes. He always points to the sky when he sees one.


Time for a game of hide and seek!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow Nate....that is the coolest slide I have ever seen! You are going to have so much fun playing on this! I can't wait for your friends to come over to play with you, too. I think it's so great that you love to be outside!

Anonymous said...

love the new slide!
-Haewon