Tuesday, January 26, 2010

23 Weeks Pregnant!

I finally have a new update on our baby girl and a belly shot of me (now Carrie can stop bugging me!)
19 weeks: The first picture is her profile, the second picture is of her hand and fingers, and the third picture is of her arm.
19 weeks: These two pictures are of her spine! Isn't it amazing how much you can see?!
19 weeks: In this set, the first picture is of her face, and the last two are more profile shots.
23 weeks: These are the latest pictures (taken yesterday). Her face is in the first picture and the rest are profiles. In the first one, you can actually see her eyes and tongue (her mouth was open).



And here I am...feeling huge! It's true that you're bigger the 2nd time around! I really do feel great though. I'm over the exhausted stage, and I was never sick with either pregnancy. Our little girl is VERY active (just like her brother!). She is moving constantly which I love. Sometimes I'll just sit on the couch or in bed and watch my stomach move. I never get tired of it! At my last doctor's appointment, we got a great report. She is actually two days ahead of schedule in her growth and already weighs 1.5 pounds! She is also a little over 11 inches long.

During our sonogram, she put on a show for us. She was moving all over the place, and we could see her opening and closing her mouth. We even saw her tongue! She kept her hands by her head, but would punch and kick me every chance she could. It was really neat to see her moving on the screen and to feel it at the same time! We still don't have a name picked out for her, which is stressing me out a bit. With Nathan, we knew his name at 16 weeks! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Nathan knows that Mommy is going to have a baby and even introduces her to people. The other day, we were playing on the sidewalk when a neighbor and her husband came out to talk to us. First Nathan asked them what their names were ("What's your name?" and "What time is it?" are his two favorite questions.) And then Nathan said, "That's mommy, and that's baby sister" while he patted my tummy. And then he tried to pull up my shirt while saying, "Want to see her?" He talks to her and kisses her and even gives her drinks of apple juice (by holding his cup to my stomach). We are all so excited to meet her!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, it's about time for this post!!! Oh my gosh, she looks so cute in those ultrasound pics. Honestly, I think she looks just like Nathan :-) And Ash, your belly pic is so cute, too!!! I definitely know what I'll look like when I'm pregnant because I wore that EXACT same outfit to school on Monday (it's not a maternity shirt)...yellow t-shirt with a white shirt underneath.

Unknown said...

You look adorable! Congratulations! Nathan will LOVE being a big brother!