Friday, March 19, 2010

We Have a Name!

Wayne and I have been trying to think of the perfect name for our little girl for 31 weeks! We finally had it narrowed down to 10, then 5, then our top 3. So last weekend we got serious and were able to both agree on THE name :)

Luckily, my sister, Carrie spent her spring break with us and helped me completely finish the baby's room. And now that we had a name, we were able to paint the letters to go above her crib. The last thing we need to do to the room is make the curtains or valence to go above her window. That's my mom's job though...she's coming over next week to measure and help me decide what I want done. Then, all we need is the baby to finish it off!



Her name is....


Her full name is Charlotte Rose Parnell. Rose was my great grandmother's name, and when I told my grandma that we were using Rose as the middle name, she was so happy that she started crying :)


Charlotte's letters look even better in person...it was hard to get the lighting right to really show them off, but here is a closer look at one of the letters. We painted them a sweet shade of pink and then sponged the polka dots. It was a major chore to get the letters centered, the ribbons and bows tied, and to hang them! I'm so glad it's done, and I really love the way it looks!


My sitting area


Before Carrie came, this closet was FILLED with clothes, toys, and baby equipment. She helped me sort and organize everything, and I'm so appreciative!




My mom got her these dresses


And these little shoes...how sweet are they?!


The changing table


This is the picture above the changing table.


Her bookshelf


My mom made this quilt :)


And the dust ruffle...this picture doesn't do it justice. The material is so beautiful because it has the sweetest little roses on it.


And here I am at 31 weeks! I feel so huge! I swear I'm so much bigger this time around, but I feel great so I don't care :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ashley, the name is absolutely precious! Her room is beautiful!! Can't wait to see more pictures and the precious little one too! Congratulations you guys!

The Owen Family said...

Ashley, the room is beautiful! And I love her name, so pretty. Hope you're getting some rest while you can :-)

Heath and Adriana Stacey said...

so pretty! And, I love the name :-)

Anonymous said...

Ashley and Wayne, Papa couldn't wait to show me the blog. When I saw how beautiful you look Ashley, I just couldn't hold back my tears. Then her little room looks so sweet. But when I read her name, Charlotte Rose, I just cried...like Grandma... such a beautiful name, and your Great-Grandmother would be so touched. Well, this little baby girl will have a loving family to care for her, Otis and Cookie to play with her, and a darling big brother to protect her. Love, Mama, Papa, and Cookie

Carrie said...

Ash, I am so glad I could help you finish the nursery...it is perfect! I had so much fun with you and Nathan! I can't wait to hold baby Charlotte...just a few more weeks!!!

Scott and Marla said...

I love Charlotte and the room looks perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

Great name! Can't wait to meet miss Charlotte soon :)

Kampen Family said...

So sweet! I love that name and her nursery is just precious! You are the cutest pregnant mama:)